I design, build, and maintain Information Systems using Free and Open Source (FOSS) software components.
That includes file servers, backup servers, database servers, control servers, and security.
My professional interests are primarily web based systems and software tools. I like to think of myself as a generalist who spins it all together as Information Systems Architect, a designer/builder who likes hand-on design, and I have done it for many many years. I have:
- designed and installed networks,
- installed servers and their software,
- maintained those networks and servers over many years and through many upgrades,
- programmed and maintained databases systems,
- programmed entire web sites
- programmed web portals
- battled hackers and protected systems from their nefarious exploits,
- and I have programmed many system tools to monitor computer and software systems, automate their maintenance, and ensure their security.
Sadly, these days I work mostly with security issues like cleaning up messes and designing systems that are resilient to infiltration. That unfortunately means I have little to show here in public.
I have worked with most computers including years of Microsoft but I prefer Unix/Linux servers and build systems using Open Source Software.
Code is Poetry